To Enable you to keep ahead, just in case you missed any, here are April’s #SocialSelling Articles
Best Practice: The Social Selling Wheel Of Destiny | @HeinzMarketing http://www.heinzmarketing.com/2014/04/best-practice-social-selling-wheel-destiny/
- An interesting approach, maybe life is more scientific?
Are you focused on sales or lifetime value? | @HeinzMarketing http://www.heinzmarketing.com/2014/04/quick-introduction-customer-lifecycle-marketing/
- Do you take the quick sell, or see a customer as a long term relationship. Often it can be the corporate culture and comp plan that make you decide.
The Last Word On Cold Calling Versus Social Media http://thesalesblog.com/blog/2014/04/21/the-last-word-on-cold-calling-versus-social-media/
- You still need to talk to people!
Share Content on LinkedIn. Trust Me http://www.funnelholic.com/?p=3120
- The reasons why you should, there is also good counsel on having a buyer centric profile. Good content will drive people to your profile, a good profile will generate you leads.
3 Ways to Generate Leads With LinkedIn Groups http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/generate-leads-with-linkedin-groups/ via @smexaminer
- How to work with LinkedIn to create leads.
How the Klout Acquisition Affects the Future of Influence Marketing http://maximizesocialbusiness.com/social-media-influence-marketing-end-social-score-13008/ via @msocialbusiness
- Klout didn’t seem to forge a place for themselves, maybe they will in the future but will they get the balance with privacy.
How to Quickly Position Yourself as a Trusted Advisor http://www.jillkonrath.com/sales-blog/bid/157959/How-to-Quickly-Position-Yourself-as-a-Trusted-Advisor
- More Sales challenger territory but worth a watch
Social Selling: The LinkedIn “Who’s Viewed my Profile” Play http://www.funnelholic.com/?p=3097
- Useful advice about how to write connections and inmails.
The 6 P’s of Social Selling – Kruse Control Inc http://www.krusecontrolinc.com/social-selling-tips/ via @kathikruse
- Good article on the fundamentals, Passion etc.
How to Use Social Analytics to Improve Your Performance http://fw.to/sSwvAJP
- Article on the importance of measurement and what you should measure.
Beyond Engagement: Unleashing the Power of Employee Advocacy http://fw.to/2tfN5Jj
- Your biggest supporters are your own employees, how to use your existing colleagues to support the selling process.
Why Marketers Should Go Rogue with Blogger Outreach http://maximizesocialbusiness.com/marketers-go-rogue-blogger-outreach-12989/ via @msocialbusiness
- Influence Marketing is one of the columns of a Social Selling program, while Gartner, Forrester have influence, Bloggers also have an impact on decision making.
Want to Understand Your Customer’s Buying Cycle – Just Ask Them http://blogs.gartner.com/hank-barnes/2014/04/08/want-to-understand-your-customers-buying-cycle-just-ask-them/
- Article by Gartner on understanding the buying process, just as much as the selling process.
The Fruits of Sales and Marketing Collaboration http://www.dmnews.com/the-fruits-of-sales-and-marketing-collaboration/article/341456/ via @dmnews
- How working with Marketing (Smarketing) can help you sell more.
Positioning Executives as Industry Experts via Social Media http://maximizesocialbusiness.com/positioning-executives-industry-experts-via-social-media-12988/ via @msocialbusiness
- Practical advice about how to get Execs started on Social Media
15 Hottest Sales Acceleration Technologies: Latest Research http://onforb.es/1mEMzQa via @forbes
- Good articles on the latest technologies that Sales People should have in their armory, such as Social Selling, Gamification and Visualization
The Top 8 Social Networks For Business http://www.b2bmarketinginsider.com/social-media/top-8-social-networks-business via @BrennerMichael
- Good overview of which Networks should be used for B2B sales, don’t worry it does not recommend all 8, but gives practical advice as to which ones your should focus on.
Your Content is the New Cold Call http://disq.us/8hubwp
- Buyer centric content and being seen as an expert in your niche is key for sales people.
- Good overview video.
Social Selling – Anatomy of a B2B Decision Maker – http://image-store.slidesharecdn.com/79e03746-b650-11e3-8199-12313d026081-large.png
6 Sales Blogs You Should Be Reading http://blog.hubspot.com/insiders/sales-blog via @hubspot
- As it says, it is written by Hubspot, so they do recommend themselves as well as 4 others.
PUBLIC APOLOGY: Social Selling Doesn’t Work | salesforlife http://www.salesforlife.com/social-selling/public-apology-social-selling-doesnt-work/ via @MySales4Life #socialselling #aprilfool
- Published on April Fools Day. 🙂