Hope you enjoy reading August’s articles as much as I did. As usual, there is my one line honest opinion. If you agree, disagree, or whatever please leave a comment. If you haven’t subscribed why don’t you do that? I never spam, you just get notified if I post any articles.
20 of the Best Interview Questions for Sales Hires http://labs.openviewpartners.com/best-interview-questions-for-sales-hires/
- Don’t normally do recruitment but here 20 sales leaders share their experiences.
Make Your Content More Shareable With These 5 Simple Tricks, Backed By Research http://blog.bufferapp.com/shareable-content-social-media-research via @buffer
- Great research to get the best reach, OK so maybe you don’t want a headline on food, but there again you are creative and it might fit!
8 Closing Phrases That Seal a Sales Deal http://blog.hubspot.com/sales/closing-phrases-seal-sales-deal via @hubspot
- Not sure I would use any of these, but worth knowing how it was done
Outbound Prospecting Voicemail Test http://marketing.vorsight.com/blog/bid/91477/Outbound-Prospecting-Voicemail-Test via @vorsight
- Maybe a little American, I would leave a long email like this.
5 Suggestions to Keep In Mind When Training a Teleprospecting Team http://www.agsalesworks.com/Blog-Sales-Prospecting-Perspectives/bid/108122/5-Suggestions-to-Keep-In-Mind-When-Training-a-Teleprospecting-Team via @AGSalesworks
- I train a number of our telesales people and this is good counsel. Get in the trenches!
How to Master Email Marketing in One Week – http://go.shr.lc/1nfhscQ via @ZenPayroll
- Nice list of articles to work through over a week.
Social Selling in 10 Minutes a Day http://www.heinzmarketing.com/2014/08/hey-sales-heres-get-social-10-minutes-day/
- Nice article if you want to know how to start social selling or need to make that next step.
B2B Lead Generation – What are the best B2B lead sources? http://www.heinzmarketing.com/2014/08/best-b2b-lead-sources-fill-top-funnel/
- Some really good ideas in here, also how to measure ROI. Worth trying and experimenting some of these.
Advice Ever from B2B Sales & Marketing & Business Leaders who are Getting Things Done @HeinzMarketing http://www.heinzmarketing.com/2014/08/best-advice-ever-b2b-sales-marketing-business-leaders/
- Great tips, advice and quotes from Business leaders.
Redefining Marketing Automation: Marketing in the Revenue Age http://po.st/UGSVAu via @B2Community
- Looking at Marketing as a revenue generating engine.
The Seven Deadly Sins of Marketing Automation http://www.marketingprofs.com/opinions/2014/25846/the-seven-deadly-sins-of-marketing-automation via @marketingprofs
- Nice learning on Marketing Automation and where things can go wrong.
How to Use Twitter for Social Selling [SlideShare] http://blog.hubspot.com/sales/how-to-use-twitter-for-social-selling-slideshare via @hubspot
- Sells concept of Social Selling, to be honest, if you are reading my blog you should be past this by now.
5 Subtle Writing Strategies That Drive Email Signups http://www.copyblogger.com/drive-email-signups/ via @copyblogger
- We all need to write emails and this is some revision on how to write emails that gain action.
The Truth About Social Selling http://thesalesblog.com/blog/2014/07/24/the-truth-about-social-selling/ via @iannarino
- Simplistic article that argues that Social Selling is Marketing. Could be. Nothing new in here.
The Fine Line between Trusted Advisor and Annoying Salesperson – RainToday http://www.raintoday.com/blog/the-fine-line-between-trusted-advisor-and-annoying-salesperson/
- Common sense, but useful advice about prospecting.
6 Content Marketing Takeaways from 30 Days of LinkedIn Publishing http://www.convinceandconvert.com/social-media-strategy/6-content-marketing-takeaways-from-30-days-of-linkedin-publishing/
- Article on why you should use LinkedIn to blog. I don’t as prefer to have my blog in one place in WordPress.
The Best #SEO & #Marketing Tools curated by @Saijo_George http://saijogeorge.com/best-marketing-tools/
- This is excellent – Complete list complied by Saijo
Work on Your Game While Your Peers Whine about Prospects Being on Vacation http://newsalescoach.com/2014/07/work-on-your-game-while-your-peers-whine-about-prospects-being-on-vacation/
- Very true. While your customers are on holiday, invest time in your LinkedIn page and Social position ready for the busy run up to Christmas and year end.
Building a Performant Customer Success Organization http://www.tomtunguz.com/performance-customer-success-management
- In the new world of SaaS, having customer managers is critical. Customers are a relationship not a one night stand.
All The Hype Around Social Selling Really Concerns Me – http://go.shr.lc/1sYqz8N via @davestei
- Good headline, then goes on and justifies the case for Social Selling.
Relationships Matter: What We Can Learn From the Top 25 Most Socially Engaged Companies on LinkedIn [INFOGRAPHIC] http://blog.linkedin.com/2014/07/10/relationships-matter-what-we-can-learn-from-the-top-25-most-socially-engaged-companies/ via @LinkedIn
- We can always learn something from companies doing Social, as it always changes so quickly.
Daniel Pink’s 5 Clever Insights About Selling — And LinkedIn http://onforb.es/UG7ARI via @forbes
- Daniel does not say anything new, but interesting observations in the world of sales we live in.
Always Have an Amazing Link to Share: 25 Newsletters and Tools to Discover Shareable Content via @buffer https://blog.bufferapp.com/shareable-content-newsletters-and-tools
- If you are going to add value with your clients you always need to know about the latest article.
Sales Blunder #1: Selling Features Not Value – http://go.shr.lc/1oS8W7Z via @shareaholic
- In the world of the Challenger sale, does anybody sell features still? If you do, read this.
How and Why To Write Persuasive, Research-Backed Content via @buffer https://blog.bufferapp.com/how-and-why-to-write-persuasive-research-backed-content
- Very detailed counsel on how to write good quality blogs.
Outbound prospecting silver bullet…puppy videos (I’m not joking) http://marketing.vorsight.com/blog/bid/91344/Outbound-prospecting-silver-bullet-puppy-videos-I-m-not-joking via @vorsight
- This would be original way to send emails, not sure it would work every time.
10 Twitter Tactics to Increase Your Engagement http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/twitter-tactics-to-increase-engagement/ via @smexaminer
- Useful counsel on how to maximize your Twitter time and work.
Infographic: The B2B social media landscape http://www.mycustomer.com/news/infographic-b2b-social-media-landscape?src=f3690ab7
- Nothing new in here, but useful background / summary.
How to Monitor Social Media Feedback and Respond to Posts http://maximizesocialbusiness.com/monitor-social-media-feedback-respond-posts-15081/ via @msocialbusiness
- Feedback is important when blogging. Giving and Receiving.
How to Use the New LinkedIn Header Image for Profiles http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/new-linkedin-header-image/ via @smexaminer
- Why you need to use graphics to brighten up your LinkedIn profile (it does make a big difference) and how to do it.
Infographic: How to use LinkedIn for lead generation https://www.mycustomer.com/news/infographic-using-linkedin-lead-generation?src=f720c153
- Nothing new, but useful Infographic to explain Social Selling to a new audience.
Tim Hughes is a blogger on Social Selling and many other tech subjects. Well known for this honest and “down to earth style”. He is free to speak at your event, he can be contacted through @timothy_hughes.